Saturday 29 August 2009

Tere!




Please can I come and practice this word again
Along with other useful words
that my awkward Prestonian accent
can’t really come close to replicating

The Estonian for bye
I do not know
Both literally and
Physically

So as I am always rubbish at good byes
then always Tere.

So if people are happy to say Tere!
Then I will be there

And for the people who are happy to say Tere!
For now... and now only... I shall say Ta-Ra!

by ian, 28th August 2009

photo by Michelle

and another by ian

2 comments:

  1. Recited at first poetry meeting
    last poem...
    enjoyed my pronounciation between Tere and Ta-ra!
    probably all wrong but all explained in poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the Preston Poetry Society meeting I meant to say :) I read 3 others too

    ReplyDelete