Tuesday 1 January 2013

#0 - Goodbye House


The old battered house
I once helped tear down
I supposed I'd see each year
being built layer by layer.

But this was not my new home
As once was thought by others
It was the signpost on the footpath
to my unknown future.

O Yes Fate did bring me back close
and yet still not to meet Palupõhja again.
It showed me glimpses of the future
and pushed me along a new road.

It asked me questions:
Sprechen sie Deutsch?
Do I enjoy remoteness and foreign lands?
None that made sense at each moment, but now...

But looking back now
It was a long windy path
all the way back from the house
stretching and asking and probing and leading to today.

by Ian (Poem and Picture of the torn down house).

Best of wishes Estonia - as possibly my last poem here!



No comments:

Post a Comment